Thursday 27 December 2018

Globe in a glass road show 2018








I had the opportunity to visit the globe in a glass road show organised by @sula_vineyards and @sofitelmumbaibkc where one could witness wine and other alcohols from around the world showcasing the best of brands. .
Wine being the upfront focus, one could taste wine from various countries and brands and have them stamped on the little passport that was handed upon entry.
Wine connoisseurs were available to guide you to select the wine that would go best with your tastebuds. They even explained which wines go best with various cuisines especially trying to focus on the wines that go well with Indian cuisine to inculcate it in our lifestyles.




I travelled round the world to experience wines , just by visiting one location a few weeks back. It couldn't be a better trip to understand about the wines across the world.

I began my journey of globe in a glass by beginning with Australia and New Zealand. Well I had a little bias there since I belong to Australia and also because it is the 8th largest wine producer of the world. Australia has over 100 varieties of grapes. While I found the wine to be fruiter I felt that they were slightly on the dryer side.




Moving to Italy and France , it is clear that they are the masters of wine making. The wines were richer and smoother than the rest. @ferraritrento introduced to their Italian sparkling wine whose taste I still recall. Just like the world can't decide, I couldn't decide either which was the better one but I guess it's all about the cuisine or occasion you go for.
Next was Spain, the wines had a very different flavour and texture. They were lighter and sweeter, I guess wonderful to go with the Indian cuisine.




Well I could lie that i covered every country but I did have to go back sober so I concluded with our Indian wine - Sula to end the tasting. I love the desert wine that Sula offered, a clear alternative to when you want alcohol and a desert combined. They even have a new range of wines, one of which is the sparkling red wine which seemed to be like a lighter bublier version of a sangria.



No comments:

Post a Comment