Saturday 9 March 2019

A Wardrobe Chimera - Women's Day Special!



An irony if I must say, fashion has been developed & made & altered all for woman but done by the great deeds of a man.
The government we say is for the by people, by the people, of the people but fashion in the early centuries were for women but not by women.
And then came the women like wind, ruling the fashion arena, contributing in ways that even today women like us are motivated to be fashionable each day.
A Chimera, a dream, a fantasy I call, to have a wardrobe & cosmetics all made by the iconic women who pioneered in the 19th and 20th century in 'avant garde' fashion bringing looks that no one could ever thought of & in those times I repeat.

(Here below are the women who have contributed in the history of fashion and their iconic outfits/products that are elucidated in the form of a bucket list that I crave to be in my wardrobe)

My chimera or a fantasy of women oriented wardrobe would begin with a office outfit with poise and grace like Gabrielle Bonheur 'Coco' Chanel who neutralized gender by bringing blazers and pants for women. An ensemble studded with pearls, fancy hats and embellishments! And don't forget to thank her for the creation of the 'little black dress'

A feminine wrap dress, one of first made by 'Elsa Schiaparelli' in 1930s, a free size dress bringing the concept of dresses that fit everyone & incorporating it for a beach look that I would team with a swimsuit by ' Norma Kamali' and when I say beach, I mean super short clothes & that makes me want the creater of the mini skirt & hot pants , the cool 'Mary Quant' designed bright short bottomwear.

Oh! I shouldnt forget to exercise but in sports wear by 'Claire McCardell'

A classy crisp white button and taffeta skirt look, which is so in even today; I wish for a pair of them by 'Caroline Herrera'.

Everyday tops & dresses by 'Donna Karan'.
And when I need to go out for evenings I want the Greek styled gowns by 'Madeleine Vionnet' with a teardrop necklace matched by 'Elsa Peretti'.

And my wedding! Of course I want a wedding dress too! A bridal gown by 'Vera Wang' and an cocktail gown by 'Stella McCartney'.

For my honeymoon, Lingerie & fur by 'Jeanne Lanvin' & a titanic inspired dress (The titanic surviver and designer for the movie Titanic) by 'Lucy Lady Duff - Gordon' for when I travel on a cruise.

Now for accessories, miu miu heels by 'Miuccia Prada' & platform shoes by 'Vivienne Westwood'.
 Perfumes by 'Elizabeth Arden' & 'Jo Malone.'

Now to the cosmetics, ' Estee Lauder ' to begin with along with body care by ' Anita Roddick' . perfect foundation to match my tone by 'Fenty' or the 20th century famous 'Iman'.
'Bobby brown' for her natural look and 'KatvonD' to bring out the darker side in me, 'Laura Mercer' to accentuate me with the best of her makeup or a look at the menu card of cosmetics by 'Charlotte Tilbury'.
And for when I need to get my hair done, a visit to ' Martha Matilda Harper's ' salon.

And not to forget , the modernization of beauty industry with online beauty shopping by ' Emily Weiss' and the young women of today who have bought modern cosmetics like the matte lip cream and advanced contouring, credits to 'Kylie Jenner' and 'Huda Kattan'.

Well you see women not only look good in fashion , but they also own fashion in every way. I am sure I have missed out many women because the contributions are countless. I haven't even started with fashion icons like Marylin Monroe and Audrey Hepburn and the models of course who bring fashion to the ramp so effortlessly- Naomi Campbell, Giselle Bundchen, Linda Evangelista and more...

And this, my girls is the chimera , a desire of not me but every woman who is proud of the fashion that these women have bought to us.
So be proud women, because truly fashion now is of us, by us and for us!

Happy Women's Day
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment